Grow Your Channel with Expert Advice
Tim Schmoyer | YouTube Certified Consultant
Many YouTube creators pour themselves into making videos that they’re proud of, videos that they feel are worthy of an audience, not just because it’s a great video, but because it has the potential to influence someone’s life.
But that audience never comes. The video sits quietly on YouTube while billions of monthly viewers direct their attention elsewhere, completely unaffected by the message in your video.
Why? Why do some channels quickly gain traction while others struggle for years? What does it take to grow a YouTube channel from a few passive viewers to an engaged community that can be mobilized for good?
8 Passengers Channel: 400,000+ Subscribers
Tim Schmoyer is one of the most talented YouTube consultants out there. We found his approach and style very refreshing and relaxed! Tim does not only focus on analytics, but he really helped us take a closer look at our content and the “story” that we are telling. Implementing some of his strategies has allowed us to grow our channel, reach our target audience, and share our family story in a more compelling way. If you are looking to grow your channel, increase your revenue, and/or get no-nonsense coaching from someone that knows what he’s talking about, then we recommend that you work with Tim Schmoyer!
The Axel Show: 15 million+ views/month
Tim’s consulting services are priceless! He always goes above and beyond every time we use him. He has helped us make some big decisions, coaching us on things to do and not to do that have helped our YouTube channel and business grow. I would recommend him to anyone trying to grow an audience on YouTube or keep an existing audience happy. Thanks for all your help Tim!
How Tim can help you grow your YouTube channel
Tim can discuss pretty much anything related to YouTube, although his area of expertise lies in audience development and forming channel strategies to achieve those audience goals.
- Tim can help you create a strategy that helps build exposure for your YouTube videos.
- He’ll discuss ways to tweak your videos so they more effectively convert viewers into subscribers.
- Tim can evaluate your subscriber base with you and discuss ways to turn them into a dedicated online community.
- A quick one-session channel review with Tim can help you pick out the big, glaring areas for channel improvement.
- Tim can dig deep into your channel with you across several sessions to really fine tune your channel to it’s maximum potential.
- Most channel reviews take place in a video call, written YouTube channel audits are also available at an additional fee. Contact Tim for more info.
- Tim will work with you to create a strategy helps your channel quickly and clearly communicate the value it proposes to the viewer.
- Tim can also discuss how to tweak your content so the value of your channel is evident in every video.
- Together, you and Tim can brainstorm new ideas for making your channel as sticky as possible for your target audience.
- Tim can help you create a custom video strategy for your YouTube channel that’s designed to meet your goals.
- If you already have a series that isn’t accomplishing what you hoped it would accomplish, Tim can discuss with you ways to improve future episodes going forward.
- He can also discuss with you ideas for other video strategies that might be more effective than the one you’re currently pursuing.
- Tim can evaluate your current video SEO tactics and show you areas for improvement.
- Tim can teach you how to efficiently research titles, tags, and description text that will help Google know exactly what to rank your video for.
- Since much of video SEO is based on the signals your viewers send to YouTube and Google about the video, Tim can discuss ways to craft videos that are more likely to prompt viewers to give positive signals to YouTube and Google.
- Tim can discuss the viability of your idea for a new YouTube channel.
- He can develop ideas for how to collaborate with other creators to promote your product or service.
- Together you can explore options for creating a video website off of YouTube.
Channels Tim helped launch
Often a new YouTube creator seeks advice from Tim before they even create their channel and launch it. Rather than investing a lot of time and energy into a plan that may not work, they meet with Tim to plan a YouTube growth strategy that’s integrated into their videos from the very beginning.
The following charts show how two such channels took the action steps Tim provided and grew to around 30 million views per month only 6 months after creating their YouTube channels.
About Tim Schmoyer
- Tim is one of the only YouTube Certified consultants who is also a dedicated YouTube creator himself. In a normal week he creates 4 YouTube videos.
- He lives and practices this stuff every day both on his own YouTube channels and on client channels.
- Much of what he knows about YouTube has been learned through 10+ years of hands-on experience, not just from reading theoretical blog posts (although, he does that, too).
- His approach to YouTube is unique and has caused many people’s channels to very quickly double their growth.
Since that first video, Tim has personally created and published over 3,000 videos to YouTube, earning over 50 million views. He’s now an official YouTube Certified Consultant in “Audience Growth” and has worked with many top Fortune 100 companies and YouTube creators alike.
What other YouTube creators say
Mike Conley, YouTube Creator: In April of 2012 I decided to try and improve my YouTube Channel to increase revenue and exposure in a crowded marketplace. I had no idea how to do that and floundered until I found Tim Schmoyer. By employing his techniques I quickly saw my channel explode to heights I never thought possible.
Since numbers don’t lie, here are some actual stats from my YouTube Channel from before and after the “Schmoyer Factor.”
Smart Kids Club: Before my channel review with Tim, I wasn’t sure if I was doing everything right. He really pointed me in the right direction with my channel.
For example, the video statistics below are from a video that sat on YouTube for 9 months. It didn’t do too well, but after following Tim’s tips and advice you can see that the video started doing a lot better. Within a few weeks it jumped from almost nothing to over 100,000 views.
YouTube Channel Consultation
- Designed for creators and businesses that want a professional evaluation of their YouTube strategy.
- A discussion tailored to answer your questions and specific goals for your channel.
- Leave the meeting with practical action steps for reaching your goals on YouTube.
- A 1 hour private video call with Tim Schmoyer.
CleanMySpace: 500,000+ Subscribers
My wife and I have been full-time YouTube creators for several years, but we knew we had more potential to grow. We just weren’t sure where to focus our efforts, so I met with Tim to review our channel.
By the end of our consultation I had four pages of written notes and a list of action steps that were designed to help us achieve our goals. He revealed a lot of insights that will have a big impact on how we grow our channel and its business. There’s a lot of exciting opportunities coming up for us and we feel better equipped to leverage them now.
We highly recommend Tim to any creator who’s serious about growing their YouTube audience and income. -Chad Reynolds, Producer
The arrow is when I had a session with Tim Schmoyer in the beginning of the year. The man knows his stuff.
Yes! In fact, under the, “Channels Tim helped launch,” heading further up this page there’s a few screenshots from channels Tim worked with before they even created their channels. Around 6 months later, each channel was earning 30 organic million views per month! Obviously, every channel performs differently due to many different variables, so there’s no guarantee that your channel will do the same, but discussing your YouTube growth strategy with Tim before launching your channel is a great idea. Avoid investing a lot of time and resources into a strategy that may not best reach your goals and book a consultation. Let’s talk!
Tim has written a day step-by-step guide that will walk you through everything you need to do on your channel to optimize it for growth. Many creators find it beneficial to work through that resource on their own and then schedule a consultation with Tim when they complete it. Tim will evaluate your work as well as help you customize the principles specifically to your channel and goals.
The resource is called, “30 Days to a Better YouTube Channel.” Every day in the guide provides:
- A Teaching: Something you need to know
- A Task: Something you need to do on your channel that day
- Further Resources: Links for digging further into the topic
If a private, one-on-one consultation with Tim is outside your budget, then that’s the next best resource we recommend. It’s helped both new creators as well as established ones grow their channels significantly. Plus, the first 3 days of the resource are free, so start there and see what you think.
Yes! After we’ve done 3 consultations together, future consultations are discounted by 20%. If that’s you, you can still check Tim’s availability on this page, but reach out to us directly to book the consultation and get an invoice for the discounted price.
If you’re interested in regular coaching with Tim and want to work with him on a retainer basis, there are a few options available for that, as well. However, we strongly recommend that you first schedule a session with Tim through this page before inquiring about those options. Creators who want that option typically find that they get so many action steps from a one-hour session with Tim that they have months of work to do before they’ll be ready for a second call. So, do one call with Tim first and then decide how to proceed with additional consultations with him.
No, unfortunately Tim does not manage people’s channels for them. If you’re looking for that, he recommends Marlon Doll at, Vireo Video. Tim has worked with him in the past and is confident that he will manage your channel well. If you reach out to them, just tell them Tim Schmoyer sent you and recommended that you be put in touch with Marlon Doll.