- It’s scary when you’re starting out on camera.
- You shoot a video of yourself over and over again to get it just right
- You feel fine, but your audience isn’t connecting with you
- You’re struggling to form a human connection with viewers
- You need to build trust and credibility with viewers
- The biggest cause of fear is rejection, we fear that people won’t like what we say and consequently, won’t like us.
- Another reason we are afraid is that we feel like prey. When we are in front of the camera it is easy for us to feel like everyone is getting ready to attack us.
- Eye contact
- Open arms
- Palms up
- Good posture
- Lean forward to show interest
- Speak the script instead of typing it. Talk out loud to your computer or record the audio and have it transcribed.
- Use shorter sentences. One and two-syllable words.
- Rehearse the script with someone blindfolded.
- Dealing With Nerves
- The Basics of Shooting Video, Lighting Your Set, and Capturing Sound
- The Basics of Casting Calls
ABOUT VIDEO CREATORS
On Video Creators we discuss how to leverage YouTube as a social platform and use it to build an audience, spread our message, and change lives. If you’re a YouTuber or an online video creator, we’d love to have you subscribe and learn to grow your audience and the business that makes your content sustainable.
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/videocreators
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/timschmoyer
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/videocreators
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/timschmoyer
- Snapchat: timschmoyer
LISTEN TO VIDEO CREATORS ON-THE-GO
- iTunes: http://go.vcreators.co/vcTViTunes
- Soundcloud: http://go.vcreators.co/vcTVSoundCloud
- Stitcher: http://go.vcreators.co/vcTVStitcher
- Many bonus perks for those who become a patron of Video Creators!