They say that leaders are readers, but I think leaders are learners. You don’t have to be super into reading to learn. There are things like podcasts, courses, and thankfully, audio books for those of you that don’t like sitting down and turning a page or maybe just don’t have the time to.
I’m talking about books today, specifically, because books are an amazing resource of inexpensive, in-depth, detailed information.
I mean… think about it.
Someone takes YEARS worth of research, experience, writing, and editing and puts their heart and soul into a book and you can buy it for $15.
It’s pretty cool.
And it’s a great way to learn from the best of the best.
That’s why today I’m sharing my team and I’s top book recommendations that will help you learn how to get more views and revenue through your YouTube Channel.
Here are my top picks.
- Every Good Endeavor by Tim Keller. It’s easy to want more money and become addicted to work or our career. This book really helped me frame an appropriate view of money and work as I started on YouTube.
- Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman. This book was really helpful when I was first getting started. I didn’t have a business background whatsoever, so I had to learn everything from books and consultants. This helped me make revenue producing products and services.
- The Pumpkin Plan by Mike Michalowicz. Once my business started to take off, I felt like I couldn’t keep up with all of the clients I had while having to still create YouTube videos, answer e-mails, balance my family time and other responsibilities. This book was instrumental in helping me (and now my team) avoid distractions disguised as opportunities, so we can focus on business growing activities to move us forward.
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber. This is a great book if you want to learn how to stop working 80 hours a week and feeling like you can’t keep up with everything. If you want to learn how to systemize your business and create a successful small business, this is the way to do it.
- Ready, Fire, Aim by Michael Masterson. This is the most practical step-by-step guide to how to create a 7-figure business. It’ll tell you what to focus on, what not to, and answers all the questions you probably don’t even know you have.
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller. Donald Miller is one of the kings of storytelling. In this book, he teaches you how to take a story in written format and transform it into video format.
- Storyworthy by Matthew Dicks. This book is all about how to tell good stories. This is GREAT if you are a “talking head” channel or just need to figure out how to hold your audience’s attention in such a practical way.
- Primal Branding by Patrick Hanlon. In this book, Patrick Hanlon looks at the top brands with cult-like followings and tells you exactly what they did to make people fall in love with their brand and how you can do the same thing.
D’Laina and Lennon also have some great recommendations they share in our podcast. If you’re looking for more, listen to the podcast above.
Thanks for reading!
Keep changing lives,
P.S. Want to skip the books and get 1:1 with one of our YouTube certified strategists? We’d love to help you grow your views and revenue even faster! Book a session with us here.