We talk a lot about growing a YouTube audience, views, subscribers, money, and things like that, but today is an important topic because it’s what you do to protect that investment. Growing a YouTube channel only to lose it to a hacker, an Internet attack, or a creeper showing up on your doorstep is one of the worst ways to lose everything you worked so hard to build.
A lot of us think we’re already doing a pretty good job securing ourselves, our content, and our Internet activity. I know I did. It wasn’t until I bumped into a few security issues with my online activity and hearing stories from a few friends of mine who are very Internet savvy that I decided a few extra, simple steps could make a big difference in securing my business and everything I’ve worked so hard to build online.
That’s what I discuss in this episode: a few of my own personal stories with Internet security, why it’s so important to us as creators, and the four steps we should take to protect ourselves online.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
– Game Labs: Are you being hacked?
– Internet providers in the US can track and monitor everything you do and sell it to advertisers
– Connecting to public WiFi is a security risk without a VPN
– Watch this person’s email get hacked over wifi
– LastPass password manager I use
– Google’s 2 Step Authentication
– ExpressVPN for protecting your Internet activity (affiliate)