This picture pretty sums up why I wanted to start my own online business.
Basically, I wanted to be able to be home with my family, spend more time with them, and do the things we love together (like raising chickens).
God has been good to us and has blessed both my family and my business.
But before I had a thriving business, I had to be a student.
I had to learn a ton about selling, business, and serving people. I put in long, hard hours of work and did the work that no one wants to do. (No one is an overnight success and being an entrepreneur is not as “sexy” as Instagram makes it out to be.)
And with time, I grew to build a seven-figure business.
And I want to help you get there too. I want to help you build a thriving online business that allows you to do whatever it is you want to.
Stay home with the kids.
Support your mom’s hospital bills.
Make more memories.
All of that is possible. I know sometimes it’s hard to know where to start or how to get there, so today I’m sharing 5 sales tactics I used to grow to a seven-figure business. Here they are.
- Sell benefits, not features. A feature is something your product has, but the benefit is the RESULT they’re going to get. Benefits are emotional and your customer or client wants their problem solved for some sort of deeper, emotional reason.
- Using my customer’s language to talk about the product. When I describe my audience’s problem in their language, they feel like I’m speaking directly to them and like my product was made specifically for them.
- Identify what my audience actually wants. A lot of the time when you’re an expert or authority in your field, you have this thing called “the curse of knowledge”. You understand your audience’s problem, but you are talking and thinking about it differently. Your sale isn’t about selling your product. It’s about solving your customer’s problem. Find out what your ideal customer wants and package it in a way that helps them realize what you’re selling will solve their problem.
- Show how I’m credible to solve the problem. This comes down to trust and expertise. Trust takes time to build through free (valuable) content, showing up consistently on whatever platform you decide to use, and following through on what you say you’re going to do/being authentic. You can also build trust and expertise by sharing your story, testimonials, and experience.
- Make your call to action CLEAR and obvious. You can’t assume people know what next step to take is to buy a product. Overcommunicate and be clear about HOW people can work with you or buy your product. Give them one path to take.
If you’re wanting to grow your online business and aren’t sure where to start, I created this FREE 40-page guide for you to help you learn how to figure out what your audience wants, how to sell it to them, and turn your product to a profitable part of your business.
This isn’t a short 6-page freebie that leads you to an upsell. It’s the exact process we use in our business that have generated over $1 million in sales. Not everyone will act on it because it’s free, but if you do, you’ll be leaps and bounds ahead of the game. To download the free guide, click here.
Hope this helps!
Keep changing lives,
Mike and his family have a profitable YouTube channel, but they’re working very hard to just make ends meet with it. Through a business consultation with Tim, they learned how to better focus their energy and spend time on the things that are the most profitable for their business.
Check out, “Our Wyoming Life,” on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDz_dmieFd0neB_VClG8PzA
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION WITH US:
We’d love to sit down with you and discuss your channel, your business, and next steps on how you can grow both it’s reach and revenue. Schedule a session here: https://videocreators.com/youtube-certified-consultant/
Get my brand new, free guide, “Product to Profit: Turn Your Audience into a Thriving Business,” https://videocreators.com/product-to-profit/
Check out, “Welcome to Chickenlandia:” https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZzxFOVXc7Ae8CMwL5MUe5w