How’s it going?
Today, I wanted to introduce a friend of mine to you that you may or may not know. His name is Derral Eves.
Derral took a channel with 0 subscribers and helped get them to 1 million subscribers in 28 days.
I know, crazy, right?
Here are the things Derral did to help this channel get there and the advice he’d give to anyone else looking to do the same thing.
- Research your audience thoroughly. Derral knew where his client’s audience was on different social media platforms and he thoroughly researched what content was performing the best and what information people were looking for. This helped them to create the perfect content for their audience. They also knew who they were talking to EXACTLY so they could make content that would really resonate with their target audience.
- Research on YouTube. There’s a LOT of content being uploaded to YouTube everyday. Do a quick search to see what’s showing up on the homepage. What’s “happening” or trending right now? You can utilize outside tools like vidIQ and TubeBuddy too – but something Derral often asks himself is “what would I click on as a viewer?”
- Analyze thumbnails, titles, and comments. Some things to look for when you’re doing research are what high-performing thumbnails look like, why people are clicking on it, and reading through the comments to see how viewers are receiving it. You can actually get a TON of video ideas by studying your competition’s comments! Maybe there are questions they didn’t get answered or a natural follow up question to whatever problem their video is solving. Even analyze YouTube video suggestions on the right hand side of the video you’re studying. Those are great content ideas too!
- Analyze and adjust repeatedly. YouTube has given creators SO many new tools to help them more easily analyze their data! The things Derral recommends looking at is your click through rate, where your traffic is coming from, and what gets them to stay. Once you can figure that out, you’ve got a reproducible system you can use to make high-performing videos over and over again.
- Imagine and address one specific user. When you’re emotionally connecting a viewer/certain type of person, Youtube’s algorithm is designed to find you more people like that! Pretty cool, huh?
I know research isn’t “sexy” to a lot of us creatives, but it’s definitely the key to figuring out who you’re speaking to and making the perfect videos for them.
Thanks for reading!
Keep changing lives,
P.S. If you feel like a lot of this research stuff is going over your head and you just want someone to do it for you, we’ve got you covered. Schedule a consultation with us and we’ll review your channel, help you with any insights you may be missing, and we’ll get you set with a game plan to grow your channel way faster! Click here if you’re ready to turn your views into income in 2020.
WATCH MY VIDEO ON DERRAL’S CHANNEL HERE: https://youtu.be/47FAWtbSGlY