We know there’s been a lot going on with YouTube in the last few months and some of you aren’t feeling the “warm and fuzzies” when it comes to how your channel has been affected by these changes.
We hear you. There has been a LOT going on at YouTube regarding kid’s content and the FTC. We got a chance to chat about that, talk about what this means for creators, and we heard your feedback.
SO much has been going on with all of this stuff that some other changes kind of got swept under the rug and we want to keep you in the loop on what these changes are.
- The ability to filter YouTube comments. If you’ve ever wanted to filter your comments by subscription status, questions, comments you haven’t responded to yet, and more… now is the time! Filter out spam and actually engage with real comments by real people. We’ll show you how to do this in this week’s podcast.
- Community contributions are no longer automatically published. Unfortunately, due to abuse and spam, YouTube has had to nail down on contributions to closed captioning. Now, you’re able to moderate contributions before they go live.
- YouTube has rolled out a destination for fashion! Just like Kids, Music, and other top vertical categories, fashion now has it’s own homepage. Check it out here.
- YouTube Music App is now pre-installed on Android 10. You can find more information on that here. With this update, YouTube is also revising and updating how their music charts work.
- YouTube updates eligibility requirements for verification checkmark. You’ll get a verified checkmark by having 100K+ subscribers and they’ll make sure it’s a real, authentic, active channel to give a channel a verification checkmark.
We hope knowing about some of these changes can ease your mind and help you grow your channel, so that you can reach more people and change their lives!
If you have any more questions on these, make sure to listen to the full podcast here.
Keep changing lives,
PS. If you’re feeling STUCK with your channel growth, I’d love if you connected with me and my team via a 1-hour consultation so we can help you get to where you want to go with your channel. Feel free to reach out!
– Filter YouTube comments: https://www.peggyktc.com/2019/09/filter-your-youtube-comments-by-sub.html
– Community contributions no longer automatically published: https://www.peggyktc.com/2019/08/youtube-no-longer-automatically.html
– YouTube rolls out destination for fashion: https://youtube.googleblog.com/2019/09/welcome-to-youtubecomfashion.html
– YouTube Music app now pre-installed on Android 10: https://youtube.googleblog.com/2019/09/YouTube-Music-App-Android10.html
– YouTube Music Charts updated: https://youtube.googleblog.com/2019/09/maintaining-credibility-and-consistency.html
– YouTube updates eligibility requirements for verification checkmark: https://youtube-creators.googleblog.com/2019/09/updates-to-youtubes-verification-program.html and https://www.peggyktc.com/2019/09/youtube-revises-changes-to-verification.html