I hope you’re enjoying your Christmas season and are getting ready to have a few days off next week to enjoy time with your family. This year, we’re having a quiet Christmas at home because it’s been a pretty busy year for us!
One of the things that has kept us busy is our Video Labs courses.
You may have seen an e-mail go out from me about our Video Labs registration going live (we run these classes for 8 weeks at a time and close it off once they get to 25-27 people).
I’ll spare you the logistical details of what Video Labs is all about, and instead, I’ll let our Video Labs graduates share their top 7 YouTube Growth tips with you that they’ve learned in their course and how it has helped them grow their channels and businesses!
Here are the top 7 growth tips from 7 of our Video Labs creators.
- Narrow down your target audience. Chances are, some of you have an idea of the people you’re trying to reach… but some of you are thinking WAY too broad. You really need to break down who you’re reaching. We’re not just trying to reach any creator, we’re trying to reach video creators. We’re not trying to reach film directors, we’re trying to reach YouTube creators. It’s important to make this distinction, so the content we’re making is relevant and provides value to our audience. When you get this right, you’re on a great path to growth.
- Make content for people, not robots. The algorithm is not some sort of all-powerful being that decides which content goes viral and which doesn’t. PEOPLE do. The more that a video connects with people and they watch it, the more it will be suggested on YouTube. One of our graduates stresses the importance of making videos that connect with people and to stop stressing so much about the algorithm.
- Understand your analytics. Analytics are all the feedback you need for how your videos are doing. YouTube has added more and more features to your analytics that can tell you when people are getting bored and dropping out of your video, which video is bringing in the most subscribers, how people are discovering your videos, and so much more. You don’t have to be a huge numbers nerd to get this. We have a few videos on this here you can check out.
- Don’t wait. Don’t wait for better lighting, a camera, etc. You can start a YouTube Channel easier than ever with just your phone. Keep your message honest and spread it. People will follow someone that is genuine. The production quality will come later.
- Engage! When someone views your video, they’re giving you their most valuable asset – their time. That’s FREE feedback! Each comment deserves a response. Creators should respond to each and every single comment. If you can’t handle engaging with a small audience, you definitely can’t handle a larger one. Serve your audience well.
- Plan ahead. It’ll really make your life easier to plan your video ahead of time. You should know exactly what the title will be, what you want the thumbnail to look like, and what the content of the video will be. You don’t have to script every word, but it will help you film faster and your content will be better.
- Communicate the story. Storytelling is hard-wired into us. We love hearing a good story. If you can learn how to integrate your story in each video, you’ll be able to get viewers to fall in love with you or your brand. If you don’t feel like you’re naturally good at this, start listening to some podcasts or take a class on storytelling! It’s worth it!
If you’d like to watch the questions and answers our community asked our Video Labs graduates, feel free to listen to the podcast here.
We’re sad to see our graduates go, but we’re SO excited to send them off and see what results they start to see by implementing what they’ve learned in Video Labs.
One of our most drastic Video Labs graduates went from 400 to 100K subscribers in 1 year! Watch her story here.
We’re also excited because that means we get to invite NEW Video Labs graduates to the program!!
Have you been waiting to join a small group of creators where you can learn how to create MASSIVE growth in your channel and how to turn views into income in 8 weeks?
We’d love for you to join us as a Video Labs student. For more information on what Video Labs is and how to register, you can check that out right here.
I hope we see you in class soon!
Keep changing lives,
CHECK OUT THESE CREATORS HERE
The Horror Geek — https://www.youtube.com/c/TheHorrorGeek
Storytime for Kids – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb8Ho4EYFUOgLVR2B4Q9sYA
RV Odd Couple – https://www.youtube.com/rvoddcouple
Gary the Water Guy – https://www.youtube.com/user/WaterStoreMidland
AggressiveFun – https://www.youtube.com/c/aggressivefun
Working Mom Warrior – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxg1_TTFJHgJhNh5ad2vnAA
Nona Snowden Cooks – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-ODh5KP3KP4kbgHITWQH8g