Today we wanted to give you a look on the inside of Video Creators. I mean, what do we really talk about in our meetings? Well, you’re about to find out. We recorded this meeting to share with a team member that couldn’t be there, but when we finished we just thought, “Wow. This could be immensely valuable for so many other people.”
Today’s topic was burnout. It’s so real. It comes in different forms and for different reasons, but there are things we can do to get through it.
The feelings of burnout takes many forms.
- Wondering what’s the point. I’m putting in so much work and not seeing the pay off.
- Feeling the pressure to do or be a certain way on your channel. Your life is always on display & that’s exhausting.
- Feeling like you have to produce videos that you aren’t passionate about.
- Continuously looking for fulfillment. If I just had a little more, I’d be happier.
- Loosing the desire to do it anymore. It’s no longer fun or life-giving. Now it just feels like work.
But, we all have to realize the difference between when you are just not in the mood to create and when it feels like the idea of working on your channel is sucking the life out of you.
To find the difference we have to be completely transparent with ourselves. Do you need a break or are you done? Creativity has its ebbs and flows. Maybe you just need a break until you feel that passion again. Or maybe you just need to shift your content into something your more passionate about! Taking a step back is a great way to evaluate that.
And while you’re stepping back, READ! Our power tip for this episode is that if you’re going through this, these two books could really help you.
- Every Good Endeavor This book is all about having a driving purpose behind what you do and the importance of rest.
- Making Ideas Happen This sounds counter intuitive, but it’s all about getting out of a reactive workflow. So you have room to change and create and shift gears if necessary.
All of us here at Video Creators have felt this weight and we just want to make sure you know that if you’re in the midst of this, you are not alone. We are here to help.
Keep changing lives,