The new YouTube Heroes program has brought some criticism from the YouTube community saying that giving flagging and moderation control to the community at large is a terrible idea. What they don’t realize is that this is already how the program has worked behind the scenes for a long time, just without some of the official titles and perks.
YouTube also has a new community tab to make it possible for creators to interact with fans in other ways besides video. Will all these new updates work well or flop? Good question. Here are my thoughts.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS VIDEO
- Growing our Trusted Flagger program into YouTube Heroes
- Get Started with YouTube Heroes
- Why you should not freak out about the new YouTube Heroes program
- YouTube Community goes beyond video
- Peter Hollen’s community tab
- The Creator Studio app introduces actionable data insights
- Facebook Apologizes for Overstating Video Metrics
- Theft, Lies, and Facebook Video
- Why Facebook Video Views are Misleading
- 5 Huge Insights to Get the Most Out of Twitter’s Video Monetization Feature
PATREON: Let’s support each other!
SUBSCRIBE to learn how to grow your YouTube channel!
FREE EBOOK: “The Secret to Building your YouTube Audience”