When Grace Helbig’s contract with the YouTube Network “My Damn Channel” expired, she decided not to re-sign, but in so doing she lost her entire channel of 2.5 million subscribers and 3 years worth of videos. Granted, when she signed back in 2010 the YouTube space was much different, but now in 2014 never sign a contract until after you’ve hired a lawyer to review it with you. Understand exactly what your contract says and the implications it has for your channel and content.
We also talk about YouTube’s announcement about supporting 4k resolution, the technology required to make it possible, as well as several other news stories from last week.
- Daily Grace is Dead – Long Live Grace
- Kunkle Law
- YouTube Commits to VP9-Supported 4K Resolution
- Vine Launches Desktop Version
- Tim Schmoyer on Vine
- How To Create a Custom YouTube Subscription Email List
- How To Design Merch for your YouTube Channel
- How to Stream Live Video with YouTube
- What Should I Put on my Website’s Homepage?