Google is experimenting with a browser cookie that removes ads from YouTube. Why would it ever want to do that? Well, there’s a few reasons, actually, but can YouTube actually one day be ad-free? What is paid subscription YouTube channels became the norm for most of us? Or is there something else going on?
We also discuss all the updates to YouTube this past week, including the changes to Playlists for our channels, mobile, and privacy settings. The YouTube mobile app had a pretty significant update, as well, that’s supposed to keep viewers on your videos for a longer amount of time, but will it actually end up having that affect? So far it’s having the opposite affect for me.
Stories mentioned in this video
- Entertain your fans longer on the new YouTube app
- Updates to Playlists on YouTube
- Amazing Correlation Between Google +1s and High Search Rankings
- YouTube Experimenting with “No Ads” Cookie… For fun?
- G+ Hangout on, “Monetizing your Audience Beyond Adsense”
- Maker Studios buys Blip.TV
- Big Frame’s guide to Becoming More Professional on YouTube
- 3 Reasons why you should Avoid Trading Sub for Sub