Google+ updated their name policy last week. They now allow anyone to use any name they wish on Google+ and YouTube, which brings anonymity back to anyone who comments on YouTube videos. Will this bring all the trolls back to YouTube comments? The Google+/YouTube comment integration actually helped mitigate a lot of that a lot, but will this policy change reverse it? We’ll talk about that and many other things in this week’s YouTube news video.
Stories mentioned in this video
- Google+’s Policy Change
- How to change your name on Google+/YouTube
- YouTube Wants to Fund Its’ Stars Off-YouTube Projects
- Four Big Myths about Copyright on YouTube
- How Closed Captions Increase Video Views, Rankings and ROI
- Why is Google Showing Fewer Video Snippets in Search Results?
- YouTube is Now Bigger Than Facebook in the U.S.
- SUPPORT VIDEO CREATORS