When a viewer starts watching one of your videos, how do you hook them at the very beginning to keep them watching throughout the entire duration of your video? I’ve found there’s three main ways successful creators on YouTube do this in ways that increase watch time and lead to higher audience retention scores.
- Tease the content and value proposition of your video.
- Quickly establish a human connection with the viewer.
- Use your titles and thumbnails to tease an enticing story.
What other ways have you seen be successful on YouTube for hooking your viewer and keeping them engaged throughout the entire video?
Submit Your Video Question Here
- No music nor sound effects.
- No text nor logos.
- Keep it brief.
- Include your name and channel URL in the “message” field.
- Upload your video here