A recent article stirred up a lot of emotional responses from YouTube creators everywhere who were worried that Google changed their policy concerning sponsored videos and logo usage. The “new” policy means sponsors have to go through Google and pay them in order for creators to use the sponsor’s logo in their videos. Thankfully, this isn’t necessarily true. It’s just a clarification of an existing policy that apparently brought more confusion than clarity. Here’s what YouTube’s stance is about sponsored videos and how you can make sure your channel stays safe.
- SPONSOR: Visit FameBit for brand deals and collaborations
- Paid Product Placements FAQ
- Embedded Sponsorships in YouTube Content
- YouTube Clarifies Its Branded Content Policy
- YouTube Kids Now Available