One of the biggest lessons we learn from the success of the Ice Bucket Challenge is how we can use the elements that made it successful on our own YouTube channels. In fact, some of the elements of this challenge are great for audience development and creating a community around your videos. Here’s a history of how the Ice Bucket Challenge got started and what we learn from it as YouTube creators.
Links for today’s video
- My Ice Bucket Challenge Video
- Why did ALS ice-bucket challenge go viral? Seven Reasons!
- The supposedly original Ice Bucket Challenge video
- Here’s How Hot the ‘ALS Ice Bucket Challenge’ Is on YouTube
- Video Creators on Patreon
- The New Vine: 6-Second Videos Will Never Be the Same
- Family entertainment channels: Top strategies