YouTube tends to do things that are outside our control. Sometimes it’s for our benefit, but other times it creates a headache or our channels and the audiences we’re building here. Case in point: all the copyright claims happening last week from YouTube’s update to Content ID for affiliate partners.
Because of this, it’s important to diversify off of YouTube. Use YouTube, but don’t place all your eggs in this basket. Build your audience off of YouTube, as well.
We also discuss 3 steps to creating a viral video. I know that sounds weird because so many people claim to know the formula of creating a viral video, but these are 3 steps that I’ve seen repeated time and time again.
- Now You Can Livestream on YouTube
- YouTube Affiliate Channels Now Subject to New Copyright Claims
- What It Really Takes for a Video to Go Viral
- The Rise and Fall of YouTube’s Celebrity Pioneers
- Google+ Boss Admits YouTube Comments Struggled
- Philip DeFranco: The Death of YouTube
- Playlist Live Expands to the Northeast