Most of us monetize our YouTube videos and other creative work with advertising, which has some advantages, but also makes it difficult for smaller creators and YouTubers to make a sufficient financial income to support their ongoing work, even those with an engaged audience of 50,000 or more!
John Green of the Vlogbrothers talks about several different models for making money from your videos and creative work and suggests that radio’s model of asking for support from viewers might be the best one.
In this week’s YouTube News update we also discuss the NextUp Vlogger 2013 announcement, the 1 billion user mark that YouTube reached, and how Generation C interacts with YouTube.
Sources for this week’s YouTube News
- YouTube NextUp Vlogger 2013 Announcement
- YouTube NextUp Vloger 2013 Application
- YouTube Hits 1 Billion Monthly Users
- Top 10 Countries in YouTube Viewership
- John Green of Vlogbrothers Talks About Ads
- Hank Green talks about a new project exploring video monetization
- Google Street View Walks Us Through YouTube Space LA
- How Does Gen C Watch YouTube?
- Gen C Connects on YouTube on All Screens [Infographic]