Some top YouTuber creators are concerned that ad revenue is not keeping up with their growing audiences, views, and engagement. They said all their stats and numbers are climbing except their CPM. Some networks can’t even afford to pay their partners what they promised in their contracts because advertising revenue they receive is less than what they promised their partners.
This is partially due to the fact that everyone can be a partner on YouTube now. With all the available inventory for advertising, the value of each impression has dropped and thus what advertisers pay for a CPM has diminished, as well.
Today we talk more about that and how to overcome the weak income that YouTube ads provide by monetizing your audience in other ways.
We also talk about the new advertising options YouTube is showing our viewers that lets them choose what ad they want to see, as well as the latest update to the YouTube app on iOS that makes it easier to watch YouTube on your big-screen TV with an Xbox 360 or PS3.
Stories mentioned in this video
- YouTube Testing Viewer’s Choice Pre-Roll Ads
- YouTube Programmers Complain About Video Advertising Dollars
- YouTube Remote Control Functionality Extends to iOS
- The Anatomy of a YouTube Contract: 10 Questions to Ask Your Network
- WeVideo Brings Video Editing to Android Devices