YouTube is the target of a lot of competition these days, especially from Yahoo. Their YouTube competitor is supposed to launch this summer, although it seems to be experiencing some setbacks as they try to get contracts put in place with creators and Multi-Channel Networks.
While most of us would agree that competition for YouTube would be a good thing, it would also make some things more difficult for us as creators. For one thing, our audiences would be fragmented across platforms making communication with all of them much more difficult. Plus, having all your views and subscribers at one place looks better for social proof than splitting up views between multiple copies of the video.
I’d love to hear what you guys think. Would it be good for YouTube to have competition? And, if so, what features and qualities would a competitor need to have in order to successfully bring viewers from YouTube to their platform?
- Find out if your Internet service provider plays YouTube in HD
- 7 Ways to Improve your Video Quality
- Google Video Quality Report
- Yahoo Plots YouTube Rival for Summer Debut After Delay
- Nintendo to Share Profits from Gameplay Videos
- 11 Ways To Double Your YouTube Subscribers
- eBook: 30 Days to a Better YouTube Channel