YouTube has set a deadline for when your channel needs to switch over to the new One Channel design before they force all remaining “old design” channels to change. It’s June 5th! That only gives you a few weeks to design a new header image, create a channel trailer, setup your playlists, organize your tags, write your “about” section, and more.
YouTube also started rolling out it’s live streaming features to all channels who both request it and have a minimum of 1,000 subscribers. This is different than Google+ Hangouts On Air. This lets you live stream events in much higher quality with full control over multiple camera angles and such. If you have more than 1,000 subscribers and your account is in good standing, go to your channel settings on YouTube and click the “apply” button to opt in to live streaming.
YouTube news stories mentioned in this video
- YouTube One Channel launching across all channels next month
- 6 Best Practices for your Channel Trailer
- #1 Essential Tip for One Channel SEO
- Tips for your One Channel Header Image
- YouTube live streaming expanding to more channels
- YouTube’s Advice for Video Game Channels
- YouTube Comedy Week
- How To Rank: 25 Step SEO Blueprint