YouTube added a new tool that promotes your channel whenever you comment on a video and interact around the site. They’re called “Hover Cards” and show some basic info about your channel, including your header image, a subscribe button, how many subscribers you have, a link to your G+ profile, and a snippet from your channel’s “About” page. As YouTubers and video creators, we should craft the content in these hover cards to entice click-throughs whenever someone sees it. Use this space very intentionally.
We also take a look at Big Frame’s new Viewfinder platform that helps their partners be rewarded for promoting other channels in the Big Frame family; and how smaller musicians on YouTube can submit their music to Content ID to monetize other YouTube videos that use their music.
Stories mentioned in this video
- Hacking a Standing Desk from Ikea
- Introducing the Big Frame Viewfinder Platform
- ONErpm and AdRev bring Self-Service Content ID to the YouTube Masses
- Top YouTuber Michelle Phan gets her own Makeup Brand
- Meet YouTube’s Michael Bay
- Monetizing Your Audience Beyond Adsense