YouTube is putting money behind a few top channels to promote them off of YouTube, including in television ads, billboards, bus stops, and more. The idea behind it is to drive more traffic to channels that have already proven to be highly successful, engaging, and have broad appeal. If these channels grow, then maybe YouTube can sell higher premium ads against, similarly to how shows like the Super Bowl attract higher paying ads. In the long run, this might benefit creators across YouTube as more ad money and viewers overall come in to the space.
- YouTube Expands Descriptions
- YouTube Tests Out New Dynamic Video Player Feature
- YouTube Turns to TV Advertising to Promote Top Video Creators
- Exciting New Era For Big Frame Big Frame
- Has the MCN Bubble Burst?